Monday, May 14, 2012

Wizzy-Wisdom

So I've been 19 for about a month now, and while I don't think it's that old, my siblings think I'm an old fart or something. Three quick stories:

I was talking to Andrew (he's four), and he asked me how old I was. When I told him I was 19, his eyes got really big and he said "That's old!"

James (he's eleven) was talking about how he remembered when I cut my hair super short "when [I] was really little" He made me sound like I was super young when it happened. I was his age. Me being really little is now his age. What is the world coming to?

I was visiting my friend Stanley at TCU last week, and the campus had changed a lot from when we used to visit all of the time (back when we only had one car and had to pick up my dad from work). Instead of him giving me a tour, I gave him a tour of what campus used to be like. Certain buildings cropped up where parking lots were, the student center was in a totally different place, and I could remember when the Rec center was being built. It made me feel really old.

So with all my age and experience, I have some words of wisdom:

1. If you keep practicing, you will get better and better, I know it!
2. Thumbs up everybody, for rock and roll!
3. Playing rock-paper-scissors with three people is like a love triangle. Somebody always get left out.
4. Don't drop your toast butter side down. It's an unfortunate experience.
5. When your cookie falls into the bottom of the milk cup, take a deep breath and remember that sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Yep. There ya have it folks. Nineteen years of pure wisdom right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment