Monday, May 28, 2012

Time Zone

That's right, I'm now in the Eastern Time zone! After two days of driving, we finally made it! The first day, we ended up leaving a little later then we planned due to the diva of the house not packing (definitely not me or my sister), among other things. After trying out my "Hulk noises" while lifting some heavy luggage, I decided that I am not the Incredible Hulk (apparently I sound like I'm in pain). Sad, I know. I'll find another way to become an Avenger.

After discovering that the tooth fairy in Puerto Rico is a rat fairy (excuse me, a mouse fairy), that the new potty song is Taking Care of Business, and that reindeer now live in Louisiana, we finally made it to my Aunt Sue's house, where we spent the night. We made pretty good time, considering we didn't stop at all that first day.

The next day, we headed out and made fairly good time, getting to my grandparents' house at 8:30 pm. I love this place. It holds so many memories for me. My grandparents live on 20 acres of land on the outskirts of Gainesville, which is pretty sweet. They use most of the land as a tree farm, where trees are planted to be harvested for paper about 16 years down the road. It's so wonderful here! The trees are so tall, and there is tons of green! Hopefully Murphy's jinx won't last for too long. He said that a hurricane would come through and ruin all of our plans, and now there's a tropical storm that fixin' to hang around here for a while (Mike, that's the proper use of "fixin' to", in case you were wondering).

This morning, my dad told us a huge surprise: We are going to Universal Studios this week!!!! Harry Potter world + Marvel world = THE BEST PLACE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! I'm so stoked. Basically my two favorite things all rolled into one. Don't worry, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures (hopefully with some of the Marvel characters). I mean, they have a superhero parade! And it's Hogwarts! Am I acting like a little fan girl? Um, you bet! When it comes to Marvel and Harry Potter, my inner child comes out. Not like it was buried that deep anyway. Good weather, please come our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment