Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oops

So I guess Em and I are a tad slow on the uptake. Oops. I mean, who knew, right? I guess without connection to the outside world (including no radio), we end up missing life changing events. Like figuring out that the band One Direction is FREAKING AMAZING. Seriously. Even though their songs are so predictable and fairly simple, they're still awesome. I mean, four British boys and one Irish boy singing about how you're beautiful is awesome. And did I mention that they were British? And have the cute accents? And the cute faces?

I mean, we found out about them a few weeks ago. We're not totally slow. We just didn't realize how awesome they were. Until the boys I hang out with started playing their songs All. The. Time. Just the past couple of days. And they don't typically listen to it. I was joking about it with one of them, and was like "Why do listen to them? They're not your type!" And he looked at me with 100% seriousness and told me that he listens to it "Because what they sing is true". Here's a glimpse of the truth that they sing:

"Don't need makeup to cover up. Being the way you are is enough... You don't know you're beautiful!" There's just something so simple and pure about their lyrics. I mean, it's one thing for Selena Gomez to sing "Who says you're not perfect" but it's something else entirely to hear the boys from One Direction sing it.

Anyway, so it's between the hours of 2 and 3 am, and we're just sitting at the table, watching all of their music videos. And the iCarly episode. And just listening to their fabulous music. And that was my night last night. Homework and One Direction. Hooray!



Aren't they just the cutest?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can you put them in your favorite things list? I'm listening to them right now. As I prepare to begin the Serious Pack of the Room.

    ReplyDelete