Friday, March 30, 2012

Popcorn Popping

It's spring time! I love spring, because everything is starting to grow again, and all of the trees have beautiful flowers, and the light green color of leaves is absolutely beautiful. If I was back home, I'd be looking at the two trees in the front yard, and seeing if "my tree" would grow its leaves and be beautiful again! (My tree is the one closest to my window and the first one that I see when I look outside.)

So there's a Primary Song called "Popcorn Popping". Anyway, it goes like this: "I looked out the window, and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. Spring has brought me such a nice surprise. Blossoms popping right before my eyes. I can take an armful and make a treat. A popcorn ball that will smell so sweet! It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me! Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!" (Tune can be found here.)

The important part of this song is that it talks about popcorn! And to a five year old girl, you think it's real popcorn, and you ignore the lines that talk about the "blossoms" and how "It wasn't really so". And if you don't know it's real, then you'll be devastated. I speak from experience. When we lived in Florida, it was spring time, and one Sunday morning, I looked outside, and there was popcorn on some of trees outside, just like in the song! I was so excited, and I got ready for church quickly so I could go out an pick the popcorn before church. I ran up to the tree and was about to pick the popcorn, when I realized that it wasn't really popcorn, but they were flowers! I was so sad that popcorn doesn't grow on trees. An then I fully realized the meaning of how it wasn't really popcorn in the song. Now, every spring, whenever there are blossoms coming on the trees, I remember when I was a little girl and thought that there was actual popcorn that grew on trees.

Another reason why spring is awesome? It's general conference time! I'm so excited for general conference! General Conference is where the leaders of our church speak to all of the members of the church across the world. Click here for a short YouTube video about conference and what it's about.

Yet another reason why spring is awesome is because the best month in the whole year is in Spring! April is the best month each year because not only is it springtime, and thunderstorm time, but my birthday's in the vicinity as well. Yay for birthdays. In my family, birthdays are a big deal. We get our own birthday dinner an eat on our special birthday plate (mine is purple), and it's basically the best day of the whole year. It's awesome.

So basically I love spring time. Flowers are blooming, the trees have popcorn on them, and then eventually leaves, and there are Texas thunderstorms (which are amazing), and the weather is nice and mild, there's conference and my birthday, and it's the end of the school year! So have a happy spring everyone!


Look at how cute my siblings are! Aren't they just adorable. And look at how pretty those purple flowers are. Oh spring, you are awesome :)






No comments:

Post a Comment