Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's the little things

Ya know, it's the little things in life that make me happy. The smell of fresh air or getting to see a beautiful bird (birds in general are pretty rare around here. It's quite odd), or even getting to wear jeans. Yep, that's right. Jeans. I love them, but Mondays through Thursdays, I don't wear them because of the dress code at the office. Which isn't too bad. I mean, I love that I get to look nice everyday. And it makes me try harder. However, when I get to wear jeans and a t-shirt at the office, then it makes me happy. I'm referencing to today of course. Which is Thursday. Our new director allowed us to wear jeans as long as we were wearing a BYU t-shirt to support BYU's basketball bid.

Another little thing that made me happy today: Cristi, one of the advisers, informed me that one the Brazilian students in the office at the time was checking me out. He asked her where I'm from and made up some weird excuse to talk to me. Like asking how I pronounce my name. Cristi almost just told him to ask me on date already, but she didn't. Anyway, I'm bringing this up because it just me feel good about myself. Even in a t-shirt and jeans, I look cute ;) But seriously, it was a little thing that made the day better.

Again, sticking with the office. Today was a busy day. As in, insanely busy. We were short-staffed because Emily had to leave for the weekend. I had a stack of things I needed to do, and I barely got them done in time. Even though it was busy, it was a good kind of busy. Because I knew what I was doing. I knew how to answer the questions people asked me and what to do with all of the paperwork. It was awesome. I'm really getting the hang of this job, and it's not nearly as stressful as it used to be. Even when I'm swamped, it felt great to know what was going on. Again, little thing in life.

I worked my Catering job as well today, and boy was that exhausting! The small thing that made me feel better about having to work clean-up is that I got to work with Michelle. Now Michelle absolutely loves me, which is awesome. Even more awesome? I got a radio. Now, radios mean power. I was basically the second in command, which is cool. I mean, she trusted me enough to get everything done that she wanted of me, and I was in charge of the dishroom for a time too. It was nice, even though the shift was exhausting.

See, finding the little things in life made what could've been a terrible day of long work hours and a heavy workload into an enjoyable day. And that's why I always like to look for the little things that make life better. Because if we don't focus on them, then life doesn't look as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment