Saturday, March 10, 2012

Not a Typical Friday

Today was a day filled with fun adventures! I got to meet the people who write the Vocal Point blog that I follow religiously. I don't think I've explained who they are. Well, remember my obsession with Vocal Point (because they're AMAZING!)? There are these two sisters who love VP as much as I do, and they started blogging about them and doing performance reviews and making random guesses on their personalities and things like that. Well, members of Vocal Point got wind that this blog existed and started commenting and adding their own feedback and then shared the link to the blog on their Facebook page, and it's really taken off from there. Anyway, so these two sisters (who don't live in Provo), made it out here for the Vocal Point concerts this weekend, and so I emailed them and asked if they would like a tour of campus. They agreed, so I got to meet them today! They are wonderful people and a lot of fun to be with. I just gave them a quick tour, and we took some pictures with a creepy Uno poster found in the library and it was super duper fun. And they mentioned me (scroll down a little and you see my picture. I don't use my real name, but I promise it's me!) in their blog, which of course made me feel special!

Emily, Susan, and I went to Divine Comedy this weekend (with the help of my friend Alex who got Susan and me some tickets), and it was AMAZING of course! Divine Comedy is BYU's sketch comedy group that is absolutely hilarious. It's so hard to STOP laughing, and their show was wonderful. It was great to hang out with Susan and Emily as our little threesome again! It was also great to get in some girl time.

After the wonderful show, Emily and I walked south of campus (by ourselves in the dark late at night. Don't worry, we're safe!) to rent a movie from the Redbox down there. We ended up renting Abduction, which is the action movie with Taylor Lautner, the hottie. What a great and wonderful movie. I just love a good action movie, along with, ya know, some other incentives ;)

Tomorrow is when I get to see Vocal Point perform here in Provo! This will be the 3rd and a half time that I will see them live, and they are absolutely awesome. I'm so stoked. One of the new guys this semester is the brother to my head secretary, Emily (his name is Jon). Anyway, Jon came in the office the other and we were chattin' it up and I mentioned how I was going to the concert tomorrow and he told me to come say hi after the show. Which I will totally hit him up on! I like getting to meet the people that I feel are celebrities. It makes me feel so accomplished in life! Well, it's off to bed for me, because I've got a big day tomorrow!

Oh, one last thing: my friends created this amazing and hilarious web show called Between Two Arms. Here's the link to their blog and their Facebook page if you have the time to check it out. They're pretty legit as they have guest stars, and a tech guy, and a title sequence and everything. Also, they're my friends, so of course it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment