Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Madness

As in, March Madness. The time when everyone fills out a bracket, pools together some money (or anything else that's valuable), and hope and pray that the teams that they picked win out so that way they can victory over others.

Now, some people try to fill out their brackets by looking at all the stats and picking the better team. Some people do it on the flip of a coin. If this year's tournament is anything like last year's tournament, then that might actually be the better method. Me? Well, I'm loyal to Florida, so of course I think they can go all the way end! Which is what I did :) But honestly, I think Kentucky's gonna win it all. They were the only ones during regular season that proved that they could sustain a steady winning streak, and they've also got a strong program right now. (Which is good. Those poor Kentucky fans need something to be proud of, and let me tell you, it ain't their football program!) Syracuse had a chance, but now their top player is suspended from the rest of the tournament. While they have depth, it's going to be hard to replace his presence on the court. Mizzou is fresh off a conference championship, so they're pretty solid as well. UNC... I don't know as much about them. Florida State (much as I hate to admit) has a fairly decent chance. I mean, they beat Duke twice, and they beat UNC twice. HOWEVER, the crazy thing about March is that it's Madness time, and anything can happen. As in anything. And who knows? Maybe BYU will play Florida again. Now that would pretty fun. Like last year's game? That was pretty intense. I only bring it up because Florida won. Oh happy day. I love it when Florida wins. There's just this awesome feeling that it brings to me. But I digress.

March is a wonderful month, not only because of March Madness, but because it's when the weather changes. I mean, it's been beautiful the past few days, and I really, really hope that it stays this way! Although I'm going to die when I get back home. I mean, I'm starting to think that this is rather warm and borderline hot. 50 degrees is a nice day now. I was talking to my brother, about how it was 55 and we were all playing outside and the like. He just laughed and said that it was in the 50s in the morning and he wore a jacket. That's how I used to be when I came out here. By the time I get back home, it's going to be so hot and feel so humid, and I'm going to die. Or go mad.

Do you know why else I'm going to go mad? Because it's March! And this week is usually Spring Break time, except not for me or my BYU compadres. Because BYU doesn't believe in giving us spring break, which is such a bummer! I mean, I would love just one whole week off from life! No work, no school, just relaxing, maybe getting to actually go off campus and stay somewhere else. Who knows? But it's not going to happen. The weeks here feel so long, and like they last forever! Which I guess I shouldn't be complaining about too much, because I'm going to be so sad when we all leave. Although I can't wait to see my familia again! I miss them. I wonder how they're doing... I should probably call them. Anyway, back to the spring break thing. It's hard to know that everyone back home is off not worrying about anything, while I have a Physical Science test and a paper due this week. And something else next week. Maybe another test? I don't even know. That's too far in the future. I like to take things a few days at a time. Unless it's plans for the weekend. Those can always be prepared in advance.

Good luck with the Madness! May the College Basketball force be with you. Unless you picked against Florida. Then I hope the force leaves you and your bracket for such blasphemy. If you ain't a Gator, then you're GATOR BAIT!




1 comment:

  1. Last year was better decided by the flip of a coin?? I totally called the Richmond/Morehead upsets and that Morehead St would be in the sweet 16!! Last year was a good year for me! No guarantees about this year though...

    ReplyDelete