Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Awesome Life

So... I feel like my life has fallen into a pattern. It's a good pattern, and I love it, but it doesn't let me have fun or exciting stories. Every morning, I wake up and go to class/work and come back at about 5-ish. Then I sit on the couch in 23 for a few hours doing homework, then I go to bed. So I live for Fridays and Saturdays because the pattern is broken!

Tonight we had a pretty fun time. Emily and I went over to 23...and no one was home! It was weird. But we stayed anyway because I wanted to play NCAA and so I did. (Not to worry, we found out that Murph was there the whole time, but he was sleeping. So we're not total weirdies). We ended up staying there for six hours. And then we went to a dance party that was being held in the basement, but I had a headache and Emily wanted to eat real food, so we left.

The exciting part is what happened when we came home. We walk in, and Brooke and Mikaela are cleaning up the most horrendous mess ever! Mikaela had gotten into a food fight with her date, and there was chocolate cake and pudding pretty much everywhere in the kitchen, including the ceiling. It was crazy. Mikaela insisted that we didn't help clean up, but Lindsay, Emily, and I all pitched in and cleaned up all the chocolatey brown mess. While this may have seemed like it was a chore, it was actually pretty fun since we all got to talk and laugh together, and we were pretty much all in the kitchen at the same time, which is a rare occasion. So thank you Mikaela and Coleman for making a mess so we could experience our roommate bonding time. It is truly appreciated.

On a completely unrelated note from the previous story: Emily and I share a brain. Which would explain a lot of things to everyone who has ever known us and tried to talk to us. Here is a typical conversation between us:

"Hey, it's like when Booth tried to..."
"I know right?! Isn't that hilarious?"
"Believe me. I can not believe that just happened!"

Or, like what happened in our Greek and Roman Mythology class:

Teacher: "Along with being the goddess of wisdom, Athena is also the goddess of war. Which you would think would be odd and slightly paradoxical"
Emily and I (to each other at the Exact. Same. Time.) "Strategy! Duh!"

And sometimes, we say the same sentence together. Which I would imagine could be potentially creepy and/or terrifying for a spectator. Speaking in unison can be oddly scary. And other times, it can be insanely cool. It just depends on the circumstance.

This happens all the time. Not even kidding. The boys from Broadbent 23 can attest to this. Yet despite our similarities, we have many differences. She likes cats, I like babies. She doesn't like football, and I love it dearly. She hates sweet things, and I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. And the list goes on. The moral of this story is that Emily and I are a great combination. And it leads to some funny times. Mikaela says that she could listen to us talk to each other all day (because we argue a lot too) and we crack her up. Which I guess we can live with.

So basically, I love my awesome life and my awesome roommate.

1 comment: