Monday, January 16, 2012

Why I created a fire-breathing circus dragon

In order to fully understand this story, one must go to where all stories begin: the beginning.

So I've already established the fact that I "live" in the kitchen of 23 Broadbent Hall, which is NOT where my actual living space is. This past week, I spent at least 5-6 hours each day sitting in my corner of the couch (and yes, it is my corner) and just hanging out, doing homework, and playing Madden. It's a great life to lead, trust me.

Friday was an awesome day. Why? Because I had Friday lunch with my dear friends Tyler S. and Jessie (who is amazing and I'm so glad we're going to BYU together now!). I was also able to go "home" right after my Physical Science class, which was a whole three hours earlier than normal. So I was sitting on my corner of the couch (I really do need to get a sign for it so that way Brett will stop stealing my spot. Silly Bwett.) and planning on staying in all night when Murph asked me to go bowling with him and a group of friends from our ward ("ward" being the people who we are zoned to go to church with. It's easier at BYU since you can go by Halls and not by streets and neighborhoods like they do everywhere else in the world). I agreed and thus began a pretty awesome night. We proceeded to play two games of bowling ("games of bowling"? I think that makes sense), and let me tell you, I kinda sorta really stink at bowling. As in I scored in the 50s both times. Afterwards, we watched MegaMind (how had I not seen this movie before?! It's hilarious!) and then sang Disney songs and danced. Which was super fun. I love Disney. And dancing.

Saturday, I worked at the BYU Basketball game for Catering, which are pretty long shifts, and I didn't get off till about 9:30 ish. I had agreed to going on a group date with Mike earlier in the day whenever I stopped by to plug my computer in to my charger (which I had left in their kitchen), and I still feel so bad for coming in so late. However, I walked in right when the important things were about to happen. We had a cookie-shape contest, and so we had to come up with the most creative cookies. We first did a basketball, because my mind was still on the game, but then we decided to create a super cool dragon. Mike cut out the castle and the flames, and I worked on the dragon. I must admit, I was pretty impressed with my work. I mean, ours was clearly the best. It BREATHED FIRE at a CASTLE while BALANCING on a BASKETBALL! How is that not the coolest thing ever? Sadly we did not win the competition, and now our work rests in my tummy.

And that is why I created a fire-breathing circus dragon.


Oooo look! Pictures!





Pictures courtesy of Mike Poret (at Quotidian Adventures)

2 comments:

  1. Haha finally mike gets some credit around here for taking pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha happy day!! I am loving your blog. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete