Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Appreciation Day

Some of you may call it Single Awareness Day. And for others, it's Valentine's Day. I choose to call it Love Appreciation Day. Whatever it is, may this day be filled with joy and gladness.

What? You mean I can't celebrate Valentine's Day if I'm single? Well, that's too bad, because I am going to, whether y'all like it or not.

You see, Valentine's Day shouldn't be about whether or not you "have" a Valentine (last I checked, I'm not allowed to "have" anyone. I'm pretty sure that's called slavery). It's about showing your love for your friends and family.

The best way to have fun on Valentine's Day? Serve others! Show your love for them. Stop focusing on why your day stinks because you're single, and start focusing on how you can brighten someone else's day. Make a cheesy Valentine. Write a corny poem. Make your best friend their favorite dinner. Tell the people that you care about that you love them. As far as I know, nobody can be told that they are loved enough times in their  life.

I promise that if you get out there and serve others, and have a good attitude, then your Valentine's Day will become Love Appreciation Day. So get on out their and show your friends and family that you care!

Happy Love Appreciation Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment