Monday, February 18, 2013

AHHHHH!!! I'm going to BRAZIL!!

About every five minutes, I turn to Emily and ask her "Guess what? Guess what? Guess!! I'M GOING TO BRAZIL!!!!" It's a wonder she hasn't murdered me yet.

Why am I going to Brazil? I have chosen to become a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Starting June 26th, I will be in Brazil for 18 months. I will be able to call my family twice a year on Christmas and Mother's Day. I will be able to email my family once a week, and I will communicate with the rest of my friends via letters. That's right. Super old school. I'm convinced that Mormon Missionaries are the only ones keeping the postal service alive.

Considering my extensive background in Spanish, I thought for sure I would go to a Spanish-speaking mission, whether it was here in the States or in South America. It wasn't a matter of what language I'd be speaking, but which country I would be going to. However, the Lord has something else in store for me, seeing as I'm going to be learning Portuguese. I keep having to say it to myself in order to believe it. It still doesn't seem real sometimes. Although Google Maps helps. A lot.

So while I wait for the next four months, I'll be stalking Sao Paulo through the internet. Needless to say. I'm thrilled to be going to Brazil this summer. It's where I'm supposed to be. Next stop on the way to Brazil? Getting my passport! This'll be fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment