Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conferência Geral!!‏

Dear Family,

Wasn´t conference just the greatest?? When the choir was singing the last hymn, I looked at my companion and we were like why is it over already???? But man, lots and lots of good teachings that I´m glad to have learned.

One of my favorite talks was by Elder Godoy :) It was great to know the best way to make decisions in my life.

I also liked a bunch of other talks, especially by Pres. Ucthdorf in the women´s session where he said that Heavenly Father knows every one of our weaknesses, but he chooses to rejoice in our successes. That phrase had a really big impact on me. I also liked the talk about what side we´re on, and how we should NEVER lower our standards to make the people of the world happy.

This past week was pretty normal. It´s been raining a lot, which is good. And it´s not hot, which is a double win. Actually the past few days have been downright cold! 

My companion and I are getting along really well, and we share lots of laughs, which is fun.

As for investigators, we´re trying our hardest to find people who are willing to commit to action, which seems to be the hardest part. Although we learned lots of new things in conference that will help us out a ton!We´re looking forward to have a good week. We´re currently trying to help a recently-returning less-active´s husband become interested in the church. It´s a work-in-progress, but last night they gave us a ride home and we talked about conference (he didn´t go) but as we got out of the car, he asked us what the website was that had the conference talks. So the Spirit is working with him! 

Interviews with President will be this Friday and at the end of the month we´re going to the temple, so this month is definitely going to be VERY spiritual.

I´ll be sending pics of what it looks like here in the rolling hills as well as pics with me and my new companion, Sister T. Silva and with Pres. and Sister Andrew.

Love you all, and have a great week!

Sister Tillman




No comments:

Post a Comment