Friday, July 26, 2013

Life at the MTC continues

Thanks for always writing to me! I appreciate it so much! 
 
Can you believe that two weeks from today I will be in the mission field? A week from this Friday is when my district gets are reassigments, so we're all very excited about that.
 
Yesterday we had a really neat experience with one of the elders in our zone. We were doing an activity where we traded teaching an investigator and tried to invite the spirit. Sister Christensen and I taught one of our best lessons yet because we really just focused on inviting the spirit, and focused less on the words that we were going to say. Foi otimo! It was awesome.
 
Another cool experience is that there is a native brazilian from across the hall and I was talking to him while Sister C was going to the restroom. He said that I don't have an American accent, and that I have an accent of a brazilian. I was so excited!
 
Nothing else super duper exciting has happened. We're getting two new districts in our zone, which will push us up to 96 people, which is pretty big. Sister C and I are still the sister training leaders, and I really love it a lot! It's so much fun getting to know the other sisters and to help them out.
 
Let me tell you about one of our investigators real quick. Her name is Angela, and when we first started teaching her, she was really timid, didn't really have faith in God and didn't know how to pray. We just taught her yesterday and she's progressed so much! She has total faith in God, has been to church with her husband and child, and reads from the Book of Mormon. We're working on setting up a baptismal date for her, which is really exciting. The gospel is true. Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you very much. And as long as you keep inviting the Spirit in your lives, it will bless you. I pray for you every night and I miss you, but at the same time I know that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. Have a fabulous week! Thanks for the dearelders!

Sister Tillman
MTC District
Sister Tillman and her companion 


No comments:

Post a Comment