Monday, May 13, 2013

And a little child shall lead them

I was sitting at lunch with my good friend last week, mourning the loss of my youth since I am no longer a teenager. He then asked me if I still felt youthful, or if it was all gone once I had turned 20.

Well. About that.

I told him about how when I got back from school, I spent one evening with my 15 year old brother giving him a horsy back ride.

Yep. That's right. We totally did that.

About halfway across the room, I paused and realized that I was twenty years old.

So? Jacob said. I'm fifteen. Giddy-up!

I continued our epic adventure around the room.

Now I have a carpet burn on my knee. Totally worth it.

So am I still youthful?

Heck yes.

Especially around Jacob. Something about us being together makes us five years old again. We sit there like giggling idiots doing dumb things. And it's AWESOME.

Hopefully when all the little kids get to go play with the lions in the millenium, I get to go too. Because that sounds pretty awesome to me. It's like a giant cat. But a lion. Dibs on calling my lion Simba.

I'm still a little child, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment