Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor-Day Adventures

(What? My blog changed? I guess it must be a new year, with new stories to tell.)

This past Labor-Day weekend was such an adventure! I got called as the Ward Pianist, so I played the pian-y in Sacrament on Sunday. I'm actually quite surprised that I'm the Sacrament Pianist, because I'm fairly certain there are more qualified people than me in my ward. They're probably flawless sight readers and can make things up on command, while I just... can't. But oh well.

After church, Emily and I went to her Aunt Bonnie's place to spend the night, along with other college-aged people that Bonnie knows and loves. We ended up serving up hundreds of hot dogs to people who were volunteering to clean out mud in a town called Saratoga Springs. There was a flash flood and mud was everywhere! It was a lot of fun to serve hot dogs because we prepared them assembly-line style:

Photo: All my kiddos helping out saratoga disaster.
So many hot dogs!
That night, we watched some TV till the wee hours of the morning. It was super fun because we got so into the movie/TV show, that we started yelling out advice to the characters. The next morning, Aunt Bonnie made us breakfast, which was delicious. We repaid our breakfast debt by picking lots and lots of vegetables from their garden.

We're real farmers!
We then watched some more of the TV show we watched the night before. It was pretty addicting.

After our Labor-Day lunch, we drove up to Brigham City for the Brigham City Temple Open House, where we walked through the temple before it's dedicated. This was my third Temple Open House, but it was still absolutely wonderful and amazing. The temple is beautiful of course. I took some pictures of the temple that I'll upload later. Here's the one I've got for now.


That was our Labor-Day Adventure!






No comments:

Post a Comment